Asphalt Paving Sydney
D & M Excavations and Asphalting has extensive experience in layering and repairing asphalt pavements. We use only quality materials and modern equipment. Our knowledgeable team will make sure your asphalt paving is done properly and that it will withstand the test of time.
- Standard & Decorative Coloured Asphalt
- Hand & Machine Asphalt Laying
- Car Parks, Roads, Speed Humps, Trenches
- Asphalt Profiling
- Stress Resistant Asphalts
- New, Resurfacing & Maintenance
- Industrial Estates
- Infrastructure Projects
- Sporting Facilities
- Coloured Asphalt & Surfacings
Bituman Crack Sealing
D & M Excavations and Asphalting if your first line of defence against pavement cracking and costly repairs is crack sealing.
Constant exposure to sun and rain is pavement’s greatest enemy. Oxidation from the sun causes shrinkage and separation of the asphalt surface. Once that happens, rainwater will penetrate the pavement subsurface and soften it. Without prompt attention, areas around the pavement will also begin to fail. As a result of increased oxidation, the main crack will only get larger. The result: cracks, potholes, and costly repairs.
Crack sealing will prevent the deterioration of the sub base pavement from infiltration of water and debris. The thorough cleaning of affected areas and the application of crack sealant will prevent further erosion of the surface and damage to the structural support of the pavement. Crack sealing material is designed to expand and shrink allowing for year-round performance. By sealing cracks early you can extend the life of your pavement considerably and prevent more costly repairs.
We can treat cracks before they spread causing costly repairs.
Asphalt has always been and continues to be the pavement of choice for Australian roads and pavements, for those who know the benefits of asphalt, there is no substitute.
Benefits of Asphalt Laying
- Noise reduction
- Surface Water Dispersal
- Skid Resistance
- Easy Maintenance Reduces Traffic Disruption
- Totally Recyclable
- Versatile & Flexible
Customers, tenants and visitors get the first impression of your business / asset or home right in the parking lot or driveway.
Asphalt laying and repairs makes financial sense on all your surfaces and road ways. From pot holes and crack sealing to complete parking lot construction D & M Excavations and Asphalting Pty Ltd preform asphalt repairs and patching, primer seal coating and profiling.
D & M Excavations and Asphalting Pty Ltd will protect your investment, reduce costs and maintain your pavement for years to come.
Sustainability & The Environment
Not only does asphalt provide the smoothest, quiet ride, it also is the most sustainable option for paving. Over the years, the asphalt pavement industry has been a constant innovator in finding ways to make its products more environmentally friendly — from reclaiming old asphalt pavements and rejuvenating their component parts for use in new pavements.
Vary the source, type and combination of raw materials in our Asphalt mixes
- Re-use Reclaimed Asphalt Pavements (RAP)
- Re-use waste asphalt generated in the production of asphalt
- Re-use bag house fines as filler
- Use recycled glass as a sand fraction in the asphalt mix
- Use recycled rubber tyre crumbs to modify the binder
- Use steel slag as a coarse & fine aggregate.
- Use fly ash as filler
Alternative fuels, additives and practical storage methods
- Use natural gas as heating fuel to dry aggregates
- Use foam bitumen or additives to reduce mixing temperatures
- Cover aggregate stock piles to keep them dry
- Recycle fumes from hot silos into drum dryer
- Use active carbon filters on our bitumen tanks
Recycle solvents, use less flammable solvents, or adopt alternative solvent free test methods
- Use ignition ovens to determine bitumen contents
- Use high flash solvents for binder extractions
- Recycle high flash solvent
A holistic approach to asphalt manufacturing
- Maintain clean manufacturing sites to minimise dust emissions
- Reduce noise through engineered sound attenuation features of the manufacturing plant
- Operate a continuous improvement philosophy for all operations
Profiling / Cold Milling
The increase in rehabilitation street work in New South Wales has led to the increase in cold milling projects. D & M Excavations and Asphalting Pty Ltd saw this increase and geared ourselves up for this sector of the industry. With different Profiler sizes, ranging from 2 metre, 1m, 0.5m & 0.35m profilers, D & M Excavations and Asphalting is able to tackle almost any size or type of cold milling job.